Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 1: introduction and a little bit about you. Recent picture of yourself.

Ah, 30-day blog writing challenge. Okay, let's see how far I can do this.

"I'm just an ordinary mom"
.................

It's weird when people ask "what do you do?". I'll always contemplate to answer as I have just quite a few varieties as to describe who I actually am. No, don't get me wrong - it's not like I have an identity crisis or anything. Frankly speaking, I see myself as a mother more than anything. There are many times that I introduced myself to a stranger or someone whom I just met for the first time, as a mom. Even once, at the office.

There was this lady, whom I was meeting for the first time for a project at work. We were going to be introduced to each other for the first time when her cellphone rang. It was from her daughter. She excused herself for a few seconds to answer her phone, spoke on it for another few, then hung up. I remembered she mouthed in a hushed voice - "I love you" before hanging up. I smiled, because I could totally relate.

She then introduced herself and held out her hand, while apologizing for the mere seconds interruption. I took her hand and mentioned my name.

"Ashyiela, nice to meet you. So, what do you do?"

and then, with all confidence, I answered, "I'm a mom too! I have a daughter bla bla bla" I think I spoke for another whole minute about my then 5 month old daughter when I realized, she was asking on my role at the office! I swear I can feel my cheeks turned red with embarassment so I quickly ushered her into the meeting room to join the rest of the project team.

When I reflect back, that's just me. And now after 3 kids, I can hardly remember how I felt or described fulfillness before I was married.

So that's a little tiny fact about me. I am a mom, and I love being it. I can no longer imagine myself as not being one.



No comments:

Post a Comment