Sunday, October 13, 2013

My breastfeeding journey

For those yang tak kenal saya, I am a mother of 3 beautiful kids, all of whom I made sure are exclusively breastfed - marking 2 years as the milestone target.

Qadeja Laila, Qays Umar & Qayyim Yousef

However, like many young first time parents I didn't really succeed with my first born. She was breastfed exclusively for only 4 months.

Although it may sound like I mencipta seribu alasan, tapi hakikatnya my breastfeeding journey memang penuh cabaran. Apa sahaja masalah penyusuan, you name it I got it! Cracked nipple, bleeding nipple, nipple blisters, inverted nipple. And then I got blocked milk duct that lead to breast abscess which later needed a surgery and left me with an open wound for 1 month (that needed DAILY trip to the hospital for dressing - which gory details I'll save for a different post later). 

I was helpless, angry, frustrated and I eventually gave up. But deep inside, rasa sangat sedih dan cemburu bila mendengar successful breastfeeding stories from other moms, some who were also first-timers.

Nekad, saya berazam untuk mencuba lagi untuk anak kedua.

Qays Umar at 5 months, drinking EBM from bottle sbb both my nipples were bleeding

Kali ni, I still got cracked nipple, blisters and bleeding. But I was smarter and calmer to face it - get them treated as soon as possible before they developed into something more serious.

Saya berjaya menyusukan anak kedua lebih lama, until suddenly I was faced with the most dreaded - susu merudum! Tuhan sahaja yang tahu perasaan saya masa tu. I keep praying, trying all sorts of thing to try boost up my milk supply. Masa itulah saya kenal Shaklee. Alhamdulillah, susu kembali meriah dan saya dapati badan jadi lebih sihat. (Will share more on this in a different post)

Berkat doa dan usaha, I managed to hit the 2 years mark - exclusive breastmilk with no formula top up. Alhamdulillah.

Sekarang, saya sudah ada anak ketiga. Baru berusia 2 bulan. This one, memang Shaklee Baby. 

Qayyim Yousef yang kenyang susu ibu

Sebabnya, saya konsisten supplement Shaklee dari masa mengandung lagi. Masa inilah baru saya jadi agent Shaklee. Saya mengandung, berpantang dan sekarang menyusukan semuanya dengan Shaklee.

Breastfeeding even as a working mom becomes easy when you know how to and when you have the perfect help.

My average 1 session catch, about 13oz

Of course, kali ni pun saya berharap dapat menyusukan sehingga 2 tahun. But this time, I am more confident, Alhamdulillah. Thank You Shaklee.

Berminat untuk dapatkan produk Shaklee DAN ingin tahu tips-tips (tried, tested and proven) successful breastfeeding saya, hubungi saya segera.

I am your Shaklee Independent Distributor in Miri Sarawak, as well as Brunei.

Ashyiela Alidin
ID: 892200
Sms/ whatsapp: 012-5169446





No comments:

Post a Comment